Government Bond Yields Hit 5%; Buying Bank Bonds Yielding 7.5%; Why Fixed-Rate Bond Duration is Attractive; Fed Makes the RBA Look Like Sleepy Hollow...
In this exciting new episode of the Complexity Premia podcast, Chris and Ying Yi discuss a range of important developments shaping the current economic climate, including:
- Why the US Federal Reserve is making the RBA look like sleepy hollow
- What government bond yields around 5% pa mean for the pricing of all assets
- The emergence of big bank bond yields as much as 7.5% pa
- Why massive consumer savings buffers are delaying this hiking cycle
- Thinking about optimal asset-allocation between floating-rate and fixed-rate bonds
- Why fixed-rate bond duration is looking very attractive
- Why this default cycle is getting nastier and creating problems for loans and risky debt securities
You can listen on:
Disclaimer: This information is suitable for wholesale investors only and has been produced by Coolabah Capital Institutional Investments Pty Ltd ACN 605806059, which holds Australian Financial Services Licence No. 482238 (CCII). The views expressed in this recording represent the personal opinions of the speakers and do not represent the view of any other party. The information does not take into account the particular investment objectives or financial situation of any potential listener. It does not constitute, and should not be relied on as, financial or investment advice or recommendations (expressed or implied) and it should not be used as an invitation to take up any investments or investment services. Whilst we believe that the information discussed in the podcast is correct, no warranty or representation is given to this effect, and listeners should not rely on this information when making any decisions. No responsibility can be accepted by CCII to any end users for any action taken on the basis of this information. Any performance data presented on this site is pre-fees for institutional clients that negotiate custom fee rates, and these solutions are not available to retail investors. No investment decision or activity should be undertaken without first seeking qualified and professional advice. CCII may have a financial interest in any assets discussed during the podcast. Listeners in Australia are encouraged to visit ASIC’s MoneySmart website to obtain information regarding financial advice and investments.