How March 2022 officially became the worst month in history for...
In this special episode of the Complexity Premia podcast, Coolabah’s CIO Christopher Joye is joined by Ying Yi Ann Cheng, a portfolio management director, to discuss the worst month in history of the Aussie bond market, including:
- The string of losses for bond indices in 2022,
- The implications of higher interest rates and wider credit spreads for investors,
- The silver lining for investors getting the best 10 year interest rates on Aussie government bonds,
- March performance for long-only and long-short strategies,
- How geopolitical risks have amplified negativity across almost all asset classes,
- How sky-high vacancies will impact Australia’s jobless rate, and
- Why the NSW Budget could be $9.5bn better off.
You can listen on:
Disclaimer: This information is suitable for wholesale investors only and has been produced by Coolabah Capital Institutional Investments Pty Ltd ACN 605806059, which holds Australian Financial Services Licence No. 482238 (CCII). The views expressed in this recording represent the personal opinions of the speakers and do not represent the view of any other party. The information does not take into account the particular investment objectives or financial situation of any potential listener. It does not constitute, and should not be relied on as, financial or investment advice or recommendations (expressed or implied) and it should not be used as an invitation to take up any investments or investment services. Whilst we believe that the information discussed in the podcast is correct, no warranty or representation is given to this effect, and listeners should not rely on this information when making any decisions. No responsibility can be accepted by CCII to any end users for any action taken on the basis of this information. Any performance data presented on this site is pre-fees for institutional clients that negotiate custom fee rates, and these solutions are not available to retail investors. No investment decision or activity should be undertaken without first seeking qualified and professional advice. CCII may have a financial interest in any assets discussed during the podcast. Listeners in Australia are encouraged to visit ASIC’s MoneySmart website to obtain information regarding financial advice and investments.