Applying its fusion of both bottom-up and top-down, value-based quantitative asset pricing analysis, macro research and qualitative due diligence, CCI offers Australian active active credit portfolios with and without duration risks that suit investors with different risk and return preferences, and bespoke institutional mandates with active credit overlays.
- Coolabah’s Active Composite Bond Strategy: this fuses CCI’s consistent credit alpha generation capabilities with a beta-based exposure to Australian risk-free interest rate duration. Since 2012 this solution has outperformed the AusBond Composite Bond Index by 1.8% annually before fees with a 96% correlation to the benchmark.
- Customised Institutional Mandates: CCI specialises in building bespoke direct portfolios of investment grade and/or sub-investment grade credit with risk and return preferences tailored to client needs, including long and long-short strategies that are unlevered or levered.
- The Smarter Money Active Cash (SMAC) strategy: an independently rated and recommended fund comprising Australian investment-grade cash and floating-rate note securities with an average “A” credit rating that was launched in February 2012. SMAC carries little-to-no interest rate duration risk and has outperformed benchmarks while targeting low volatility returns over the RBA cash plus 1.0% to 2.0% per annum after all fund fees. It is classified as having an active cash or short-term fixed-interest strategy and listed on numerous platforms.
- The Smarter Money Higher Income (SMHI) strategy: a low duration active credit fund launched in September 2014 that focuses on Australian cash and floating-rate notes that are expected to outperform the RBA cash rate plus 1.5% to 3.0% per annum after fees while carrying little-to-no interest rate duration risk. SMHI has delivered strong risk-adjusted returns since inception and is available on several platforms.
- The Smarter Money Long Short Credit Fund (LSCF): an absolute return fixed-income strategy focused on exploiting long and short mispricings in credit markets. The LSCF targets returns above the RBA cash rate plus 4% to 6% p.a. over rolling 3 year periods after fees with volatility of less than 5% p.a. that are uncorrelated with traditional fixed-income, equities and property. The LSCF can profit from price rises and falls through-the-cycle and applies the investment process proven in the SMAC and SMHI strategies since 2012.
- The BetaShares Active Australian Hybrids Fund (ASX: HBRD): this is the first “active” hybrids ETF in Australia and provides access to a diversified portfolio of bonds and hybrid securities. HBRD aims to outperform the wider Australian hybrids market. HBRD also seeks to reduce the volatility and downside risk that may otherwise be experienced by direct holders of hybrids.
The retail Product Disclosure Statements (PDS), retail performance data and other information for these strategies are available for here.
Disclaimer: Past performance does not assure future returns. All investments carry risks, including that the value of investments may vary, future returns may differ from past returns, and that your capital is not guaranteed. This information has been prepared by Coolabah Capital Investments Pty Ltd. It is general information only and is not intended to provide you with financial advice. You should not rely on any information herein in making any investment decisions. To the extent permitted by law, no liability is accepted for any loss or damage as a result of any reliance on this information. The Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for the funds should be considered before deciding whether to acquire or hold units in it. A PDS for these products can be obtained by visiting www.smitrust.com.au. Neither Coolabah Capital Investments Pty Ltd, Smarter Money Investments Pty Limited, Equity Trustees Ltd nor its respective shareholders, directors and associated businesses assume any liability to investors in connection with any investment in the funds, or guarantees the performance of any obligations to investors, the performance of the funds or any particular rate of return. The repayment of capital is not guaranteed. Investments in the funds are not deposits or liabilities of any of the above-mentioned parties, nor of any Authorised Deposit-taking Institution. The funds are subject to investment risks, which could include delays in repayment and/or loss of income and capital invested. Past performance is not an indicator of nor assures any future returns or risks. Smarter Money Investments Pty Limited (ACN 153 555 867) is authorised representative #000414337 of Coolabah Capital Institutional Investments Pty Ltd, which holds Australian Financial Services Licence No. 482238 and authorised representative #001277030 of EQT Responsible Entity Services Ltd that holds Australian Financial Services Licence No. 223271.
Equity Trustees Limited (“Equity Trustees”) (ABN 46 004 031 298), AFSL 240975, is the Responsible Entity for the Smarter Money funds. Equity Trustees is a subsidiary of EQT Holdings Limited (ABN 22 607 797 615), a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: EQT).